A woman’s life and the lives of her unborn children can be compromised by OB-GYN malpractice.
Mistakes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian cancer and breast cancer can be life-threatening. Failure to properly manage care during pregnancy, labor and delivery can put the lives of both mother and child at risk.
If the patient survives, OB-GYN malpractice can result in brain injury or spinal cord injury. It can leave a woman unable to bear children or leave her children unable to lead a normal life.
The attorneys at Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder PC, have won millions of dollars in financial compensation for women who were injured and children who suffered birth injuries due to OB-GYN malpractice. We have represented clients in a wide range of OB-GYN malpractice cases involving:
- Birth injuries: Including those caused by cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, shoulder dystocia, placental abruption, hypoxia, failure to perform fetal monitoring, failure to diagnose abnormal labor patterns, failure to treat gestational diabetes, toxemia, eclampsia, pre-eclampsia and other conditions.
Other areas of malpractice include:
- Sexual abuse by physicians,
- Failure to order or properly perform diagnostic tests, such as Pap smears, ultrasounds and mammograms,
- Failure to read and respond to test results properly,
- Failure to detect ectopic or tubal pregnancies,
- Laparoscopic surgical errors,
- Negligent treatment of endometriosis or fibroid tumors
Our legal team includes five female attorneys, among them a former president of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers’ Association and two lawyers who are former nurses. Our attorneys are ably assisted by a staff of more than a dozen women paralegals, three of whom are also nurses. All of us are sensitive to the needs and concerns of medical malpractice victims and dedicated to achieving positive results in these cases.
If you or your child has suffered a life-altering injury because of the negligence of an OB-GYN, hospital or clinic, please contact our law firm to arrange a free initial consultation. From offices in Bridgeport, Danbury and New Haven, Connecticut, our medical malpractice lawyers represent clients throughout the state.