Prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications are designed to treat injuries and disease. However, unsafe drugs pose a serious risk of injury and fatality to unsuspecting consumers.
The following medications present significant risks, yet most are still being marketed to the public:
- Gadolinium — A contrast dye used during MRIs that is linked to a rare and deadly disease of the skin, muscles and bones
- Ketek — An antibiotic that can cause kidney failure and death
- Fen-Phen and Redux — Now recalled, these notorious weight-loss drugs are still causing heart valve damage and a fatal lung disease called primary pulmonary hypertension
- Avandia — A diabetes drug that can cause heart attack, stroke and more
- Plavix — A heart drug that can cause heart attack, stroke, blood disorders and death
- Trayslol — A drug used to prevent bleeding during heart surgery is linked to kidney disease
- Fosamax — This popular osteoporosis drug can cause the jawbone to become infected and die
- Zyprexa — An antipsychotic drug that can cause diabetes, pancreatitis, hyperglycemia, heart attacks, and death
- Accutane — An acne treatment that can cause birth defects and has been linked to suicide
- Bextra — An arthritis treatment that can cause heart attacks and stroke
- Avastin — An injectable cancer medication
- Wellbutrin — A drug used to treat depression
- Neurontin — A drug used in the treatment of post-herpetic neuralgia (PHN) and partial seizures in adults and children
- Reglan — An oral medication used to treat diabetic gastroparesis and GERD
- Yasmin — An oral contraceptive medication that prevents pregnancy
The attorneys at Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder PC, represent clients who have been harmed by dangerous and defective drugs and other pharmaceutical products. We also represent clients who were harmed by being given the wrong medication, the wrong dose, or other medication errors.
If you or a family member was injured by dangerous or defective drugs, please contact our law firm to arrange a free consultation and case evaluation. If we are unable to represent you in a defective drug claim, we will refer you to other respected pharmaceutical liability attorneys in your area who are known for their success in defective drug litigation.
From offices in Bridgeport, Danbury and New Haven, Connecticut, our product liability and medical malpractice lawyers represent clients throughout the state.