Chainsaw Accident in Cheshire

On Behalf of | May 11, 2012 | Product Liability

There is a great article in the New Haven Register this morning about a Cheshire teenager who saved the life of one his neighbors who was cut by a chainsaw after falling from a ladder. Unfortunately, many power tools are still manufactured today without a kill switch designed to shut off the tool if the user loses control of the tool. As a result, the same types of accidents happen over and over despite the fact that there is a readily available, inexpensive, and simple technological solution that can prevent these types of injuries. Frequently, a product can be made vastly safer simply by adding an inexpensive kill switch.

At Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder, we have represented many individuals harmed by defective and dangerous products. For example, we recently handled a case on behalf of an individual who was severely injured by a runaway lawnmower — this could have been prevented by a kill switch. We also recently represented a man who lost a hand in a wood chipper after a branch snagged his work glove and dragged him into the machine. This is another injury that could have been prevented by a simple application of existing technology.

At Koskoff, we are committed to ensuring that the products sold to Connecticut citizens are safe for their intended use and hope that injuries of the kind that happened to this man in Cheshire can be avoided in the future.

The Connecticut product liability attorneys at Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder represent people across Connecticut injured due to dangerous and defective products. If you have been injured due to a dangerous or defective product, send us an email or give us a call at 203-583-8634.