Lawyers & Staff
Areas of Practice
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Pro Bono
- Wrongful Death
- Sexual Abuse
If you are a lawyer, you are helping to mold the rights of individuals for generations to come.
Matt is a passionate advocate, driven by a commitment to justice, empathy, and improving the lives of others. He handles all matters of litigation and trial in his areas of practice.
Matt was the legal architect of, and one of the lead attorneys on, Lafferty v. Jones, the case by a group of Sandy Hook families and a first responder against right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and the corporate entities that spread the lie that the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax. The trial team obtained a $1.4 billion verdict against Jones and his company.
As part of his pro bono practice, Matt was a Fellow for the Rule of Law Clinic at Yale Law School. In that role, he supervised work on litigation in the areas of national security, anti-discrimination, climate change, and democracy promotion, which included briefs to the U.S. Supreme Court and lower federal courts.
A graduate of Yale Law School, Matt was a law clerk to Hon. Diane P. Wood, Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Additionally, Matt serves as State Representative for the 147th District of the Connecticut General Assembly. First elected in 2018, he is Chair of the Government Administration and Elections Committee, former Vice Chair of the Judiciary Committee, and the Co-Chair of the Reproductive Rights Caucus.
Before law school, Matt served as an Infantry Officer in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, commanding a rifle platoon in Charlie Company, First Battalion, Twenty-Fifth Marines. He deployed to Marjah, Afghanistan as part of Operation Enduring Freedom.
- Connecticut, 2017
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2018
- New York, 2016
- Yale Law School, New Haven, Connecticut
- Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Honors: magna cum laude
STATE REPRESENTATIVE (147th District), CONNECTICUT GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Chair, Government Administration and Elections Committee
Former Vice Chair (2019–2022), Judiciary Committee
Co-Chair & Co-Founder, Reproductive Rights Caucus
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
- Conneticut Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Truman National Security Project (Defense Council)
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars
Pro Bono Activities
- Connecticut Judicial Branch Jury Selection Task Force, Member
- Peter Gruber Rule of Law Clinic at Yale Law School, Clinical Fellow
- Boys & Girls Club of Stamford, Board of Directors
- Barth Syndrome Foundation, Board of Directors