Lawyers & Staff
Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.
Lorena is the first attorney at Koskoff to work her way up through various positions within the firm, starting as a legal assistant in 2014, then paralegal in 2019, a Trial Advocacy Fellow in 2020, and now an associate attorney.
As a legal assistant she cultivated a comprehensive knowledge of appellate, federal, and state civil procedure and was instrumental in helping prepare cases for trial and appeal. As a paralegal Lorena focused primarily on the lawsuit against the gun manufacturer of the weapon used in the Sandy Hook School shooting.
Now a 2020 graduate from Quinnipiac University School of Law, Lorena continues her involvement in the Sandy Hook lawsuit while providing support in other high profile cases. Lorena’s passion for serving clients and dedication to excellence make her a valuable asset to these cases.
Before becoming an attorney, Lorena worked at Koskoff while simultaneously attending law school. She was a member of Quinnipiac’s Mock Trial and Society for Dispute Resolution competition teams. Prior to Law School, Lorena was a member of the St. Bellarmine Pre-Law society at Fairfield University where she graduated cum laude with dual degrees in Politics and International Studies, and minors in Peace & Justice Studies, Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies, and Asian Studies.
- Connecticut, 2020
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, North Haven, Connecticut
- J.D. Magna Cum Laude
- Honors: Phi Delta Phi, Excellence in Clinical Legal Education Award; CATIC Foundation Award
- Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut
- B.A. Cum Laude
- Honors: St. Bellarmine Pre-Law Society; Sigma Iota Rho; Pi Sigma Alpha; Alpha Mu Gamma; Marguerite F. O’Meara Leadership & Service Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- CTLA, Medical Malpractice Committee
- CTLA, Young Lawyers Committee
- CTLA, Women’s Caucus
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
- New Haven County Bar Association