Lawyers & Staff
KELLY A. FITZPATRICK
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Civil Rights
Fight for the things you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.
Throughout her career, Kelly has represented the interests of people across the country who have been harmed by pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices. She also litigates medical malpractice, nursing home and other personal injury cases on behalf of individuals and their families.
Kelly believes that vindicating the rights of people is doubly rewarding because, in addition to obtaining financial compensation for her clients, Kelly's advocacy benefits everyone by encouraging and enforcing social responsibility. She believes that the best way to handle her cases is to work cooperatively with her clients. Her success strategy is to listen carefully to her clients, identify the personal challenges and legal issues involved, and work together to arrive at a solution.
Because of her experience in the product liability space, in 2016, U.S. District Judge Richard Seeborg appointed Kelly to serve on the Plaintiff's Steering Committee in the Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate) and Cialis (Taldalafil) Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2691).
After practicing law in New York and New Jersey for several years, she returned to Connecticut where she grew up. She lives in Oxford with her husband and daughter. Kelly enjoys spending time with her family, running, and watching UConn basketball.
- Connecticut, 2010
- New York, 2010
- New Jersey, 2009
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut
- Bachelor of Arts
- Super Lawyers
- Connecticut Law Tribune New Leaders in the Law Award, 2017
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top Forty Under 40
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Women en Mass, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- LIVESTRONG Foundation
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Team Boomer
- Honorable Eugene J. Codey, Jr., Presiding Judge of the Civil Division, Newark, New Jersey, Clerk
- The Lanier Law Firm, New York, NY, Associate