Lawyers & Staff
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
It’s all about our clients. Clients want a successful firm, but they also want to know that we care.
Josh represents the third generation of Koskoffs at Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder. Known for his dedication, compassion, and creativity, Josh brings a fresh and unique perspective to all his cases. Like his father and grandfather, Josh believes strongly in the role of the lawyer as a fighter whose sole purpose is to improve his clients’ lives through the legal system. He views the law as working only when it works for the people and not just the powerful. His personal concern for the welfare of each of his clients has won their trust and devotion.
Josh has won substantial, record-setting medical malpractice verdicts throughout Connecticut, and has taken on powerful interests in cases with national implications. He recently achieved a historic settlement on behalf of 9 families of victims of the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in a landmark case against the Remington Arms Company - the manufacturer of the assault rifle used to carry out the attack. He also represents Sandy Hook families in a suit against the controversial "conspiracy theorist" Alex Jones for his false claims that the Sandy Hook shooting was a "hoax" and that it was staged by actors. Recently Josh filed suit against eight manufacturers of assault weapons on behalf of the family of a victim of the Las Vegas shooting – the deadliest mass shooting in American history.
In March, 2019, Josh filed another groundbreaking lawsuit against a powerful defendant – Harvard University -- on behalf of the Connecticut descendant of an enslaved man named Renty and his enslaved daughter named Delhia.
Regardless of the nature of the case, Josh feels most rewarded fighting for his clients, and knowing he has helped his clients to have better and more satisfying lives.
- Connecticut, 1994
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
- $73 Million settlement on behalf of families of the Sandy Hook shooting in a case against the gun manufacturer Read More
- $25 Million for an 18-year-old woman who suffered a foot amputation as a result of a delayed diagnosis of decreased circulation Read More
- $22.5 Million, a Connecticut wrongful death verdict, for the widow of a man who died of undiagnosed coronary artery disease Read More
- $12 Million for the death of a 55-year-old man who was not treated properly for a dependence on an anxiety medication, which resulted in his suicide Read More
- $12 Million, a Danbury record verdict, for a 60-year-old woman whose surgery was botched by a resident at Danbury Hospital, resulting in severe permanent damage Read More
- $8 Million for the family of a 45-year-old father of two girls who had untreated and unrecognized depression that led to his suicide Read More
- Confidential Settlement for the family of a man who died during surgery at a surgical center Read More
- Currently representing families of the Sandy Hook shooting in a case against the gun manufacturer Read More
- Currently representing a Connecticut descendant of an enslaved man named Renty and his enslaved daughter named Delhia, over images used to perpetuate his racist theories. Harvard has refused to acknowledge the origins of the images and relinquish the images of her ancestors to the family. Read More
- Currently representing families of Sandy Hook victims in a case against conspiracy theorist Alex Jones Read More
- Currently representing families of victims of the Las Vegas shooting in a case against the manufacturers of weapons used in the attack Read More
Honors and Awards
- Connecticut Law Tribune, Connecticut Lawyer of the Year, 2017
- Connecticut Law Tribune, New Leader of the Law, 2004
- Liberty Bell Award Winner
- Champion of Justice Award - CAGV (CT Against Gun Violence)
- Personal Injury Hall of Fame Award
- Top 100 Lawyers, New England Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers
- Super Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Connecticut Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Inner Circle of Advocates, Fellow
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- International Society of Barristers, Fellow