Doug joined Koskoff in 2021 after more than 20 years serving the public as an Assistant United States Attorney with the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Connecticut. He is widely known throughout the state for his trial skills, and his thoughtfulness and tenacity in the courtroom, and the deep empathy he shows for all his clients.
Doug has extensive trial and appellate experience in both civil and criminal matters. As an Assistant U.S. Attorney, Doug handled a diverse caseload including matters involving financial fraud, investor fraud, public corruption, healthcare fraud, opioid overdose cases, violent crime, employment discrimination, medical malpractice, and various constitutional cases. Additionally, Doug handled numerous criminal appeals before the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. During his time with the government, Doug was the federal Anti-Terrorism Advisory Council coordinator at the U.S. Attorney's Office, and he was responsible for investigating and prosecuting cases relating to national security including international terrorism, domestic terrorism, and cyber matters. In 2007, Doug was detailed for the majority of the year working with the Department of Justice on Rule of Law issues in Iraq within the Iraqi courts.
Before becoming a lawyer, Doug developed and supervised mental health, substance abuse, and HIV/AIDS prevention programs throughout Fairfield County.
Following law school. Doug served as law clerk to United States District Judge Alan H. Nevas.
- Connecticut, 1999
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2002
- Quinnipiac College School of Law,Hamden,Connecticut
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Quinnipiac Law Review
- CUNY – John Jay College of Criminal Justice,New York,New York
- Master of Arts, Criminal Justice
- Honors: cum laude
- Western CT State University,Danbury,Connecticut
- Bachelor of Science, Justice & Law Administration
- Honors: cum laude
- Prosecutor of the Year – International Association of Financial Crimes Investigators CT Chapter – 2013
- Civilian Division Distinguished Service Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association of Justice
- Connecticut Bar Association