Position Title: Legal Assistant
Reports to: Partner & Paralegal
Normal Work Hours: Monday- Friday 9 am – 5 pm (occasional overtime may be required)
Employment Status: Full-time/Non-exempt (overtime eligible)
Job Purpose: To enhance attorney effectiveness by providing administrative and technical support to attorney and team.
• Answers phones for attorney and team. Welcomes clients and guests by greeting them in person or on the phone, answering and directing inquiries.
• Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics, coordinating case preparation.
• Conserves attorney’s time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports, and legal documents; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs,and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports and settlement sheets.
• Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, depositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
• Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney and/or paralegal.
• Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
• Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
• Work well with colleagues throughout the firm and provide back-up and support to others when needed.
• Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
• Thinks independently and innovatively about ways to improve team performance.
• Assists with managing a high volume caseload, including interfacing with clients, requesting medical records, and coordinating conference calls.
Skills/Qualifications: Outstanding Technical skills required (Excel, PowerPoint, Data Base Management, MS Office & Word, Needles, etc.), Prior law firm experience preferred, strong organizational skills, professional, team player, not afraid to learn, does not believe that any job is too big or too small, optimistic, takes initiative,
loyal and fun.
To apply for this position, please submit a current resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to
Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.