Cynthia Bott is an experienced litigator who concentrates on appellate advocacy. She has argued appeals before the Connecticut supreme and appellate courts. She joined KK&B in 2004 bringing to the firm extensive experience and knowledge not only in appellate practice and procedure, but also in personal injury law.
Cynthia's primary areas of responsibility at the firm include analyzing and researching complex legal issues; drafting appeal documents, legal memoranda; writing appellate briefs; and, arguing substantive motions.
After law school, she worked at a law firm in New Haven for 12 years where she devoted most of her time to writing appellate briefs and litigating personal injury claims for plaintiffs.
From 2003-2006 Cynthia taught legal research and writing as an adjunct professor in the Legal Studies Program at the University of New Haven. Currently she is a member of the Advisory Board for the program.
The Connecticut Superior Court recently reappointed Cynthia to a second term on the New Haven County Standing Committee on Recommendations for Admission to the Connecticut Bar. She is a also a member of the New Haven County Bar Association, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, the Connecticut Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. She is admitted to practice law in the Connecticut state courts and the U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut.
Areas of Practice
- Appellate Advocacy
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Connecticut, 1988
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1992
- Quinnipiac College School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- Stephens College
- Editor-at-Large, Connecticut Bar Journal, Connecticut Bar Association, 1998
- Connecticut Laws and their Impact on Business Entities: Connecticut Product Liability Act, (Co-Author), 64 Conn. B. J. Special Issue 364 , 1990
- Supreme and Appellate Court Review, (Co-Author), Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, 1993-2000
- The Doctrine of Collateral Estoppel in Connecticut, (Co-Author), College of Evidence, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, 1996
- Legal Research and Writing, University of New Haven, 2003 - 2006
- Adjunct Professor, University of New Haven Legal Studies Department, 2003 - 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Committee on Continuing Legal Education, 2002
- Recommendations for Admission to the Connecticut Bar, New Haven County Standing Committee, 2003
- Legal Studies Program, University of New Haven, Advisory Board, 2006
Koskoff Attorneys Sean McElligott and Josh Koskoff Win $6.5 million Verdict Against Danbury Hospital
A jury Thursday found Danbury Hospital negligent in the 2006 death of a Newtown furniture mover... read more
Koskoff Attorney Antonio Ponvert Wins $41.7 million Verdict for his Client
Conn. student disabled on school trip wins $41.7M... read more
KK&B Attorneys Win Largest Medical Malpractice Verdict in CT
A Norwalk couple was awarded $58.6 million Wednesday, a record for a single incident of medical malpractice in Connecticut, in a case involving an obstetrician accused of waiting too long to perform a cesarean section and a boy who has cerebral palsy... read more
In the News
U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers® has listed the Connecticut-based law firm of Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder as “tier one” in its 2011-2012 “Best Law Firms” rankings.
Firm Sponsors Reel Law film series
Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder is pleased to sponsor the Reel Law film series at The Bijou Theatre in downtown Bridgeport. The next film is The Verdict on Thursday, May 9. Click here for more information and to view the full schedule of movies and dates, or visit us on Facebook.
Koskoff Attorney Richard Bieder speaks to Rotary Club about 9-11 and Trial Lawyers Care
Vin Simko introduced Attorney Richard Bieder, of Koskoff, Koskoff and Bieder, a firm nationally known for representing individual and class action cases resulting from mass disasters, consumer rights, personal injuries, commercial fraud and misrepresentation and other matters. read more
Firm Donates $100,000 to Hospital
Attorney Chris Bernard of Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder said his firm has donated $100,000 to Connecticut Children's Medical Center in Hartford. The funds have covered the cost of specialized medical equipment... read more