THEODORE I. KOSKOFF FELLOW
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability
- Civil Rights
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Emily Rock is a passionate advocate for her clients, who brings to each case a strong commitment to justice, fairness, and empathy. She joined Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder in 2014 as the firm’s second Theodore I. Koskoff Public Interest Fellow, and returned to Koskoff as an Associate Attorney after clerking for the Honorable Alvin Thompson of the District of Connecticut.
Emily works on all aspects of litigation involving medical negligence, product liability, personal injury, and civil rights. She has successfully represented prisoners in civil rights claims; victims of defectively designed products; and patients left permanently injured by their physicians’ negligence, securing substantial verdicts and settlements for her clients. Emily has also worked on several appeals to the Connecticut Supreme Court and the Connecticut Appellate Court on topics including election law, personal injury, and medical malpractice.
A 2014 graduate of Yale Law School, Emily was Editor-in-Chief of the Yale Human Rights and Development Law Journal. During her time at Yale, Emily was a Student Director of a legal clinic that provided legal services to immigrant communities and interned with the White House Adviser on Violence Against Women. Prior to law school, Emily worked as a paralegal at the national office of Planned Parenthood Federation of America in Washington, D.C. She graduated summa cum laude from The Ohio State University, where she earned dual degrees in Political Science and English.
- Connecticut, 2014
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2015
- Yale Law School, New Haven, Connecticut
- The Ohio State University
- Honors: summa cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice (Member)
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association (Member)
- Connecticut Bar Association (Member)
- New Haven County Bar Association (Member)
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association (Member)
Pro Bono Activities
- Civil Pro Bono Panel, United States District Court, Member
- Court-appointed representation of prisoners and other pro se litigants
- National Women’s Law Center—Legal Network for Gender Equity, Volunteer
- White House Adviser on Violence Against Women in the Office of the Vice President, Intern
- National office of Planned Parenthood Federation of America in Washington, D.C. , Paralegal
- Honorable Alvin Thompson of the District of Connecticut, Clerk