Lawyers & Staff
Theodore I Koskoff Fellow
Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.
Lorena is the first attorney at Koskoff to work her way up through various positions within the firm, starting as a legal assistant in 2014, then paralegal in 2019, and now fellow since graduating law school in 2020.
As a legal assistant she cultivated a comprehensive knowledge of appellate, federal, and state civil procedure and was instrumental in helping prepare cases for trial and appeal. As a paralegal Lorena focused primarily on the lawsuit against the gun manufacturer of the weapon used in the Sandy Hook School shooting.
Now a 2020 graduate from Quinnipiac University School of Law, Lorena continues her involvement in the Sandy Hook lawsuit while providing support in other high profile cases as a Theodore I. Koskoff Fellow. Lorena’s passion for serving clients and dedication to excellence make her a valuable asset to these cases.
Before becoming a Fellow, Lorena worked at Koskoff while simultaneously attending law school. She was a member of Quinnipiac’s Mock Trial and Society for Dispute Resolution competition teams. Prior to Law School, Lorena was a member of the St. Bellarmine Pre-Law society at Fairfield University where she graduated cum laude with dual degrees in Politics and International Studies, and minors in Peace & Justice Studies, Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies, and Asian Studies.
- Connecticut, 2020
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, North Haven, Connecticut
- J.D. Magna Cum Laude
- Honors: Phi Delta Phi, Excellence in Clinical Legal Education Award; CATIC Foundation Award
- Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut
- B.A. Cum Laude
- Honors: St. Bellarmine Pre-Law Society; Sigma Iota Rho; Pi Sigma Alpha; Alpha Mu Gamma; Marguerite F. O’Meara Leadership & Service Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- CTLA, Medical Malpractice Committee
- CTLA, Young Lawyers Committee
- CTLA, Women’s Caucus
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
- New Haven County Bar Association