- Managing Attorney
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
What’s meaningful to me is the sense that we have made a difference in somebody’s life.
Jim Horwitz, the managing attorney at Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder, is driven by a concern for excellence for his clients, and brings to all his cases a careful and meticulous technique.
Since joining the firm in 1986, Jim has handled cases involving a wide range of conditions resulting from medical malpractice and has become well known for cases in the fields of obstetrics, neurology, cardiology, and pediatric medicine, as well as wide range of other medical specialties. He has written articles and lectured nationally about birth injuries.
Jim's direct, honest, and sincere approach, coupled with his skill as a trial lawyer, has resulted in numerous multi-million-dollar verdicts for his clients, including a $58 Million verdict, the largest medical malpractice verdict in Connecticut history, for a Norwalk family whose son suffered a birth injury that resulted in cerebral palsy.
Jim is a recent Past-President of both the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA) and the Greater Bridgeport Bar Association. He currently serves as a member of the CTLA executive committee, and on the board of the Long Wharf Theatre.
- Connecticut, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1984
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- Colgate University, Hamilton, New York
Honors and Awards
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association Lifetime Achievement Award
- Best Lawyers in America, Medical Malpractice Plaintiffs
- Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell Rated AV, Highest Rating for Attorneys
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Past-President and Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Recent Past-President and Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member
- Raymond E. Baldwin American Inns of Court, Member
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Chairman, Civil Trials & Procedures Committee, 1993 to 1995
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
Pro Bono Activities
- Long Wharf Theatre, Board Member