Representing Victims of School Bus Accidents
"An average of 19 school-age children die in school transportation-related traffic crashes each year — five occupants of school transportation vehicles and 14 pedestrians." — National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Every school day, millions of students ride school buses while millions of parents trust that their children will arrive at their destinations safely. They trust that the bus driver is appropriately licensed and trained and that the bus is in proper working condition.
Yet mistakes happen, some of which result in serious school bus accidents.
The attorneys at Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder, PC, represent the families of students who were injured or killed in school bus accidents. For example, we represented the family of a child who was injured when he fell out of the back of a moving school bus.
How School Bus Accidents Happen
School bus accidents can involve:
- Children who were run over by school buses
- Children who were dropped off at the wrong bus stop
- Children who were sexually abused by bus drivers
- Bus drivers who were driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Bus drivers who failed to check the bus for occupants at the end of the route
- Transportation companies that failed to properly screen or train bus drivers
- Transportation companies that failed to inspect and maintain buses
- School districts that failed to take proper precautions to protect students
We have won significant amounts of financial compensation for clients in a variety of school bus accident cases. We will investigate to determine who or what caused the accident that injured your child. Then we will aggressively pursue full compensation for damage.
Protecting Our Clients and Other School Children
In school bus accident claims, our goal is to obtain just compensation for our clients and to protect other children from suffering a similar harm.
If you or a family member was injured in a school bus accident, please contact our law firm as soon as possible to arrange a free consultation and case evaluation. From offices in Bridgeport, Danbury and New Haven, Connecticut, our personal injury lawyers represent clients throughout the state.