Connecticut Emergency Room Negligence Attorneys
Emergency room negligence is a serious and growing problem in hospitals throughout the U.S. In a 2004 study by Health Grades, Inc., 20 to 40 percent of emergency room patients were misdiagnosed by health care professionals.
Experience That Gets Results
The medical malpractice attorneys at Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder, PC, have decades of experience representing people throughout Connecticut who were seriously harmed by emergency room negligence. We are known throughout the state for our success in medical malpractice claims, including those involving ER malpractice.
Things can go wrong in many ways in an emergency room, including:
- Failure to diagnose a heart attack. Far too often patients who come to the ER complaining of stomach upset are sent home and told to take an antacid. Doctors frequently miss this common heart attack symptom.
- Failure to diagnose and treat strokes in a timely manner. If clot-dissolving medication is administered in time, the devastating effects of a stroke can be averted. Did the ER doctor fail to recognize symptoms of stroke in you or your loved one?
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose a wide range of life-threatening conditions, from traumatic brain injury to spinal cord injury to pulmonary embolism.
- Delays in triage, examination and treatment. People have died in emergency rooms while waiting to be seen by a doctor.
- Failure to refer psychiatric patients to appropriate health care providers. This form of emergency room negligence leads to patient suicides far too often.
Contact Us for a Free, No-Obligation Consultation
If you or a member of your family was harmed by an ER doctor's mistake or other types of emergency room negligence, please contact the Connecticut medical malpractice attorneys at Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder. We will review your case and determine whether or not you have an actionable claim. The initial consultation is free of charge and free of obligation.
From offices in Bridgeport, Danbury and New Haven, Connecticut, our medical malpractice lawyers represent clients throughout the state.