Regina Murphy brings to Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder extensive experience in both law and medicine. Regina was a practicing registered nurse before attending law school. Since then, Regina has devoted herself to the practice of medical malpractice law on behalf of injured patients.
Regina has invaluable experience in a wide range of medical conditions and a particular knowledge of obstetrics, pediatrics, orthopedics and birth trauma. She participates as a member of the Birth Trauma Litigation Group of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. She is also a fellow of the Connecticut Bar Foundation as well as the Roscoe Pound Foundation (an organization promoting public justice). She participated in the firm's record setting $36.5 million dollar medical malpractice verdict against Hartford Hospital as well as in the second largest medical malpractice award in state history – a $27 million dollar jury verdict against Yale.
Regina's careful, tenacious and competent handling of medical malpractice cases has earned her the respect of other attorneys, judges and her clients.
Areas of Practice
- Connecticut, 1985
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1986
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut - 1985
- "Forensic Issues" in Quick Look Nursing: Legal and Ethical Issues, Slack Publishing, 2000
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, Connecticut Bar Foundation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Foundation, Health Law Section, Executive Committee
- New Haven Bar Association, Member
- Bridgeport Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Association of Nurse Attorneys, Connecticut Chapter, Member