Since joining KK&B in 1986, Jim Horwitz has handled cases involving a wide range of conditions resulting from medical malpractice. He brings to all of his cases a careful and meticulous technique, driven by a concern for excellence for his clients.
Jim has become well known for handling cases involving medical malpractice in the fields of obstetrics, cardiology, neurology and pediatric medicine as well as a wide range of other medical specialties. He has written articles and lectured nationally about birth injuries.
Jim's competency, coupled with a direct, honest and sincere approach, has resulted in numerous multi-million dollar settlements and litigation successes. He recently won $58 million, the largest medical malpractice verdict in Connecticut history, for a Norwalk family whose son suffered a birth injury that resulted in cerebral palsy.
Jim is a member of the Medical-Legal Committee of the Greater Bridgeport Bar Association and the Membership Committee of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association.
Areas of Practice
- Connecticut, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1984
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- Colgate University
- "Bystander Emotional Distress in Medical Malpractice Cases: An Update", Greater Bridgeport Bar Association , News Brief, Vol. 13, No. 5., May, 2001
Honors and Awards
- Listed in "Best Lawyers in America"
- Martindale-Hubbell Rated AV, Highest Rating for Attorneys
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Member, Medical-Legal Committee
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Membership Committee
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association , Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Raymond E. Baldwin American Inns of Court , Member
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Chairman, Civil Trials & Procedures Committee, 1993 - 1995
Koskoff Attorneys Sean McElligott and Josh Koskoff Win $6.5 million Verdict Against Danbury Hospital
A jury Thursday found Danbury Hospital negligent in the 2006 death of a Newtown furniture mover... read more
Koskoff Attorney Antonio Ponvert Wins $41.7 million Verdict for his Client
Conn. student disabled on school trip wins $41.7M... read more
KK&B Attorneys Win Largest Medical Malpractice Verdict in CT
A Norwalk couple was awarded $58.6 million Wednesday, a record for a single incident of medical malpractice in Connecticut, in a case involving an obstetrician accused of waiting too long to perform a cesarean section and a boy who has cerebral palsy... read more
In the News
U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers® has listed the Connecticut-based law firm of Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder as “tier one” in its 2011-2012 “Best Law Firms” rankings.
Firm Sponsors Reel Law film series
Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder is pleased to sponsor the Reel Law film series at The Bijou Theatre in downtown Bridgeport. The next film is The Verdict on Thursday, May 9. Click here for more information and to view the full schedule of movies and dates, or visit us on Facebook.
Koskoff Attorney Richard Bieder speaks to Rotary Club about 9-11 and Trial Lawyers Care
Vin Simko introduced Attorney Richard Bieder, of Koskoff, Koskoff and Bieder, a firm nationally known for representing individual and class action cases resulting from mass disasters, consumer rights, personal injuries, commercial fraud and misrepresentation and other matters. read more
Firm Donates $100,000 to Hospital
Attorney Chris Bernard of Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder said his firm has donated $100,000 to Connecticut Children's Medical Center in Hartford. The funds have covered the cost of specialized medical equipment... read more