E-mail MeJim Horwitz
Since joining KK&B in 1986, Jim Horwitz has handled cases involving a wide range of conditions resulting from medical malpractice. He brings to all of his cases a careful and meticulous technique, driven by a concern for excellence for his clients.
Jim, who is the managing attorney at Koskoff, has become well known for handling cases involving medical malpractice in the fields of obstetrics, cardiology, neurology and pediatric medicine as well as a wide range of other medical specialties. He has written articles and lectured nationally about birth injuries.
Jim's competency, coupled with a direct, honest and sincere approach, has resulted in numerous multi-million dollar settlements and litigation successes. Over the years, Jim has obtained numerous multi-million dollar verdicts, including a $58 million verdict, the largest medical malpractice verdict in Connecticut history, for a Norwalk family whose son suffered a birth injury that resulted in cerebral palsy.
Jim is on the boards of the Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, New Haven Legal Assistance, and the Amity Regional Board of Education. In addition, he serves as Secretary for the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association.
Areas of Practice
- Connecticut, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1984
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- Colgate University
- "Bystander Emotional Distress in Medical Malpractice Cases: An Update", Greater Bridgeport Bar Association , News Brief, Vol. 13, No. 5., May, 2001
Honors and Awards
- Listed in "Best Lawyers in America"
- Martindale-Hubbell Rated AV, Highest Rating for Attorneys
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Board Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Secretary
- New Haven Legal Assistance, Board Member
- American Bar Association , Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Raymond E. Baldwin American Inns of Court , Member
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Chairman, Civil Trials & Procedures Committee, 1993 - 1995