Compensation for Clients Harmed by Defective Medical Devices
The biomedical device industry has given us implantable devices that can help ill or injured people lead normal lives again. However, some of these devices are not safe for consumers. If a dangerous or defective medical device injures or kills a patient, the manufacturer can be held responsible for damages.
The attorneys at Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder, PC, represent clients in cases involving serious injuries or fatalities caused by defective medical devices, including:
- Implantable cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators made by Medtronic, Guidant (now Boston Scientific), St. Jude Medical and other companies
- Cardiac stents, devices that keep blood vessels open, can sometimes cause the very problems they are intended to cure. Unsafe stents have been linked to the formation of blood clots, which can cause heart attack, stroke or pulmonary embolism.
- Sprint Fideles leads on Medtronic cardiac devices. Lead wires connect implanted defibrillators directly to the heart. Sprint Fideles is a brand of lead wire that has been recalled after it was implanted in approximately 268,000 people worldwide.
- Orthopedic implants, including artificial hip and knee joints and metal pins and plates used in orthopedic surgeries
- Cosmetic implants, including breast implants
- Surgical devices from stomach staplers to stone catchers to hernia repair patches
Our attorneys will review your case and determine whether medical malpractice or a defective medical device caused you harm. For example, we will find out whether the failure of your knee implant was caused by a defective medical device or by an orthopedic surgeon who failed to install all the screws.
If you or a family member was injured by a defective medical device, please contact our law firm as soon as possible to arrange a free consultation and case evaluation. From offices in Bridgeport, Stamford, Danbury and New Haven, Connecticut, our medical malpractice and product liability lawyers represent clients throughout the state.
Koskoff Attorneys Sean McElligott and Josh Koskoff Win $6.5 million Verdict Against Danbury Hospital
A jury Thursday found Danbury Hospital negligent in the 2006 death of a Newtown furniture mover... read more
Koskoff Attorney Antonio Ponvert Wins $41.7 million Verdict for his Client
Conn. student disabled on school trip wins $41.7M... read more
KK&B Attorneys Win Largest Medical Malpractice Verdict in CT
A Norwalk couple was awarded $58.6 million Wednesday, a record for a single incident of medical malpractice in Connecticut, in a case involving an obstetrician accused of waiting too long to perform a cesarean section and a boy who has cerebral palsy... read more
In the News
U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers® has listed the Connecticut-based law firm of Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder as “tier one” in its 2011-2012 “Best Law Firms” rankings.
Firm Sponsors Reel Law film series
Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder is pleased to sponsor the Reel Law film series at The Bijou Theatre in downtown Bridgeport. The next film is The Verdict on Thursday, May 9. Click here for more information and to view the full schedule of movies and dates, or visit us on Facebook.
Koskoff Attorney Richard Bieder speaks to Rotary Club about 9-11 and Trial Lawyers Care
Vin Simko introduced Attorney Richard Bieder, of Koskoff, Koskoff and Bieder, a firm nationally known for representing individual and class action cases resulting from mass disasters, consumer rights, personal injuries, commercial fraud and misrepresentation and other matters. read more
Firm Donates $100,000 to Hospital
Attorney Chris Bernard of Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder said his firm has donated $100,000 to Connecticut Children's Medical Center in Hartford. The funds have covered the cost of specialized medical equipment... read more